Memorial Day in America is the end of May and is viewed as the unofficial start of summer. With summer comes parades, trips to the lake or beach, picnics, and barbeques. You may not be hosting, but your mom, Aunt Edna, or maybe your boss are and they give the dreaded “just bring a side” recommendation. If you’re like most people, you’re working on a budget (and if you’re here, you’re probably doing surveys with PointClub to give yourself some additional cash).
Sure, you could grab a bag of chips or a veggie platter on your way, but maybe you want to wow a bit. Or at least make an impression. But you don’t want to break the bank, either. We at PointClub thought we’d share some inexpensive and easy to make side dishes as suggestions. Prices are estimates and may vary at your local grocery.
Watergate Salad (sometimes called Pistachio Fluff)
Pistachio instant pudding mix
Cool Whip 8oz
Maraschino Cherries 16oz
Pineapple Tidbits 20oz
Mini Marshmallows 16oz
Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Estimated Cost = $14.36
It’s better to make this salad the day before the event, and let it sit untouched overnight in the refrigerator.
- Open and drain the cherries and pineapple. Set aside.
- Empty Cool Whip into bowl (the one you intend to take to the event).
- Stir pudding mix into Cool Whip. It will turn a pale green.
- Stir in cherries and pineapple (and walnuts, if you opted for them).
- Carefully fold in the marshmallows. You want to make sure they’re incorporated well, but don’t mix enough to break them down.
- Cover and leave in fridge overnight. It will be ready to eat the next day. By then the marshmallows will have softened. Keep cool if you can.
Amish Broccoli Salad
1 head broccoli chopped *
1 head cauliflower chopped *
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
½ lb bacon, fried & crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Estimated Cost = $18.46
* We’re all about easy, so we’re likely to buy a bag of raw, chopped veggies.
- Combine chopped broccoli and cauliflower in large bowl.
- In separate bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, and salt to make dressing.
- Add dressing to vegetables and stir well until coated.
- Stir in bacon and cheese, holding a small amount aside for garnish on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tri-Color Pasta Salad
Tricolor Pasta 12oz
Black Olives 6oz
Peppers & Onions, pre-diced
Pepperoni, sliced 6oz
Italian Dressing 16oz
Feta Cheese 5-6oz
Estimated Cost = $18.96
- Cook pasta until it is al dente. Rinse and set aside to cool.
- Drain olives and cut pepperoni into ¼ slices.
- Add olives, peppers, onions, pepperoni, and feta cheese to cooled pasta.
- Pour in ¾ of the dressing and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate. Stir in last ¼ of salad dressing before serving.
Do you remember eating any of these goodies at a picnic or barbeque? Does anything sound tempting? We’d love to hear what you want to try your hand at making. Here at PointClub, we’re happy to help by offering you this extra cash option. Not with PointClub yet? We invite you to sign up. We’re not the only survey site out there, but we endeavor to set ourselves apart.
When considering your options, you should know the following about PointClub:
- Not every panelist is eligible to complete every survey. If you try, but are deemed ineligible, Captain PC has the authority to grant you points regardless of completion.
- We grant signup bonuses and extra points for completing your initial panelist dossier.
- We have one of the lower payout thresholds at $25, which you can take as payment to a Paypal account or through a variety of gift card offers.
- We give away points every day via our Facebook page. Don’t leave out that daily checkin!
- Seriously, where else are you going to get to work with superheroes?
Haven’t signed up yet? Now is a great time to begin earning that extra pocket cash! Join Pointclub today!
If you have questions on your account, or need clarification on any process, please Contact Us and we’ll be happy to help.
The Amish Broccoli Salad I have never seen before, but the other 2 yes, so I have copied the Amish recipe and use that at some family function this up coming summer if it ever gets here, which I guess is this week for us in upstate, NY suppose to FINALLY get up in the 70’s-80’s.
I cannot do any surveys. I get a blank page with ‘page.about#blocked ‘ at the top.
Our support team may be able to assist you with determining what might be going on. Please email them at Support@PointClub.com, and they might be able to help.
Great recipes, love salads! Thank you!!!
Looks yummy! Thanks!
I’m definitely gonna try the Amish Broccoli Salad! sounds delicious. I also have a great tri-color pasta recipe that even kids love. Here it is and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
! package tri-color rotini pasta
1 head broccoli (cut into small pieces)
1 head cauliflower (cut into small pieces)
1 can black olives-drained and sliced
3 blocks of cheese (cut into small cubes) your choice of cheeses. We use sharp cheddar, pepper jack , and colby or monterey jack. Sometimes colby-jack.
3 to 4 packs of good seasons zesty italian.
Prepare rotini according to package, but running cold water over noodles immediately after cooking to stop heat from overcooking, drain in strainer after cooled from cold running water.
Combine vegetables, olives, and cheese with pasta in large bowl.
Mix dressing packages per directions and pour over noddle mixture and stir or shake to coat well.
Let stand overnight for best taste.
Be sure to have at least one extra package of dressing mix to pour over mixture right before serving, as most of the dressing will be absorbed overnight.
Thanks for the recipes. Hope that you have a great “Memorial Day” & weekend!!!
Tri-Color Pasta Salad is a very intersting recipe, I am not a great kitchener,but it is clearly enough even for me,and beleive me- it is tasty.You will ask yourself for supplements-100%.
I tried the Amish salad and have to say it’s pretty good thanks for the recipe
Amish salad is very good.all these are very good ideals.i have to try making them..
I love the Amish Salad-No one I know in my circles has ever come up with anything like it!
its the best cite to get log in and you see
watergate salad i never heard of if you dropped the knowlege thanks
I love this salads and the recipes are so easy to catch up with. I go for Amish broccoli
PoINTCLUB IS REALLY GIVING GOOD INFORMATION, ITS AN EXPIRIENCE FOR ME good recipies.
Oh I absolutely love love LOVE the Amish Salads! Such a great blend of flavors and textures! The Amish community definitely know how to eat good!
Yummy. Very good healthy salad recipes. Useful information
Wow thank you, it could be really useful
Point club has really good info on tips of everything
I really love pointclub ..fun and make me read more stories.
it’s one of those go-to standards we can always counts on.it’s made with simple’ healthy ingredients that are easy to always keep on hand
Great idea. I’ll try it next time.
good recipes at all
This looks delicious! I have tried Watergate Salad, and it was yummy.
I love the Tri Color pasta recipe, it is so good and great to bring along to a summer barbecue. Thanks for posting the recipes!
Point Club Is Just Awesome,Great information,tips,and Even Recipes!!!Now what other Site even gives Recipes ? Love the watergate salad,Thanks,for Shareing them and careing to help us all out.
Comments are closed.